Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Praying for Adalynn 11/20



Dear Family, Friends, and Prayer Warriors:
Good evening, it’s me, Adalynn, again writing with an update on my doctor appointment today.  Our trip to Madison went very well.  I am so excited to tell you how Jesus answered our prayers!
·         REQUEST:  Pray that we will be able to develop confidence and entrust my care to this new doctor.
ANSWER:  Each step of the way, from registration and check-in to meeting the new doctor and nurse, we were put at ease and welcomed with smiles all around. 

·         REQUEST:  Pray for wisdom for the doctor as I meet her for the first time and she evaluates me.
ANSWER:  The doctor came in, sat down and spent an hour and fifteen minutes getting to know me!  She was well prepared with lots of knowledge of my situation and knew why I came to see her.  Dr. Z spent time talking to me as well as watching my movements.  Praise be to our God; Dr. Z’s appointment following mine was cancelled, leaving us plenty of time to talk with her.   

·         REQUEST:  Pray that the doctor will see everything God is doing in my life and not set limitations on what I will be able to do based on my medical diagnosis.
ANSWER:  Dr. Z explained more in depth some of the test results from the last several weeks.  Although she agrees with the fact that I have a very extensive brain injury, she was willing to spend time getting to know me for who I am.  Dr. Z said it is still too early to tell the full impact the injury will have on my long term development.  She did state that she doesn’t rule out the opportunity for a miracle.

·         REQUEST:  Pray that she will be honest with Dad and Mom on her medical findings from my evaluation and test results.
ANSWER:  My doctor talked to my parents throughout her assessment of me.  After intensive discussion, Dr. Z confirmed the seriousness and long term impact that my brain injury will have on my growth and development.  She was honest with the fact that I have many important areas of my brain where the cells have died due to the lack of oxygen while my heart was not beating.  These cells are not able to heal themselves or re-grow resulting in limited physical and cognitive development.  My Creator and Great Physician is not limited by the medical findings and we ask for continued prayer for healing beyond medical explanation.

·         REQUEST:  Pray for safety as we travel to Madison, WI and that I will tolerate the trip in the car. I do not always do well in my car seat for extended periods of time.
ANSWER:  We had safe travels both to and from Madison.  I tolerated my car seat well and slept the majority of the trip to the clinic.  Dad and Mom woke me up before we met the doctor so I had a chance to show the doctor what I am capable of doing while awake.

·         REQUEST:  Pray that Jesus will calm Dad and Mom’s nerves and give them wisdom on the questions to ask this new doctor.
ANSWER:    Mom and Dad were so impressed with the doctor and her willingness to listen to their thoughts and concerns.  She answered many questions before my parents even had a chance to ask them. 
Today was a great day as I met my new doctor!  Dad, Mom and I really like Dr. Z and are excited for her to be a part of my healthcare team.  Thank you once again for the continued prayers and support you are providing my parents, me, and our entire family.
Love,
Adalynn

No comments: