Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Praying for Adalynn 11/19



Dear Family, Friends, and Prayer Warriors:
I know it’s been awhile since I last wrote with an update on my status.  No one told me how much fun life outside of the NICU could be!  Dad, Mom, and I have started to get into a routine, and have been busy with attending doctors’ appointments, running errands, going to church, and having visits from therapists.  It is so much fun being out of the hospital; I finally got to meet my four-legged siblings and have even learned the beauty of sleeping-in on some days. 
Thankfully, I have not needed any oxygen support to help me breathe since I left the hospital.  I am connected to one machine twenty-four hours a day that monitors the oxygen level in my blood, and at night I wear a second monitor to make sure I keep breathing and my heart continues to beat okay while I rest.  Dad and Mom are able to use a machine that feeds me through a tube into my stomach since I’m not able eat through my mouth yet.  At times I have tried sucking on Mom’s finger, which seems to excite Dad, Mom and all my family.
I have a Developmental Therapist who comes and visits me on a weekly basis.  She gives Mom and me new exercises and skills to practice. We have many exercises to do daily that will help keep my muscles loose and my arms and legs moving well.  I really like the massages I get to help assist with this movement.  I still need help getting the fluids out of my nose and mouth, but I have developed a stronger cough that clears my throat and helps keep that yucky fluid out of my lungs.  Praise Jesus that He is continuing to help me learn to manage these secretions on my own.
As I said, I have been going to many doctors’ appointments.  This week I get to meet a new doctor.  I will be traveling to the University of Wisconsin at Madison to see a brain doctor.  Since the events of my birth led to a significant brain injury, my parents know this is a very important appointment for my continued healing.  They ask that you lift this appointment up in prayer in some of the following ways:
·         Pray that we will be able to develop confidence and entrust my care to this new doctor.  
·         Pray for wisdom for the doctor as I meet her for the first time and she evaluates me. 
·         Pray that the doctor will see everything God is doing in my life and not set limitations on what I will be able to do based on my medical diagnosis. 
·         Pray that she will be honest with Dad and Mom on her medical findings from my evaluation and test results.
·         Pray for safety as we travel to Madison, WI and that I will tolerate the trip in the car.
 I do not always do well in my car seat for extended periods of time. 
·         Pray that Jesus will calm Dad and Mom’s nerves and give them wisdom on the questions to ask this new doctor. 
My appointment is this Wednesday, November 20, 2013, at 11:30AM.  If you are available and willing, we would appreciate prayer during our appointment.
God continues to reveal Himself in the details of my health and care. It is with Faith in Him that we look forward with great anticipation to see how the Great Physician will work through this time in my life. Thanks to all for the prayers and support. 

Love,

Adalynn

No comments: